Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Third Delivery

Giving birth to my THIRD child, I learned that each labor experience was totally different. Having had given birth 2 times previously, I know my body functions in a unique way in each pregnancy. My due date was on May 27 but I just had my contractions last June 1 at exactly 6: 30 in the morning. This time, it was unlike the two previous pregnancies (I delivered them a week ahead my due date.) I had painful contractions every 5 to 7 minutes that morning, and didn't get more hours of sleep. I thought the baby would come out in the afternoon and so I didn’t panic and prepared my things “nonchalantly”. I texted my obstetrician informing her of my condition and she replied with this message “admit na”. It was 9:00 a.m. when my husband and I decided to go to the hospital. The contractions were getting severe and intense while I was in the car. My two kids went along and were just quiet to see me suffer in pain. When we reached the emergency room, all the medical staff panicked and rushed me to the delivery room on a stretcher. The chief midwife did an internal to see how far along I was. I was 10 cm dilated ( 10 cm is the peak level)They called my OB in an instant. During my contractions I would close my eyes and breathe deeply and with control, not panting and hyperventilating like you see in the movies and at exactly 10:31 a.m., I gave birth! I was feeling drowsy after my delivery but still can hear the nurses talking. They said they wished all patients were like me, I just gave 3 long pushes and that was it.


No comments: